Charis Christian Academy recognizes that appearance and fashion is an important part of a student’s life. While our righteousness, holiness, and acceptance before God is not based on our outward appearance, but upon the finished work of Jesus Christ, Charis Christian Academy also believes that a student’s appearance must not interfere with the maintenance of a positive teaching/learning climate, or compromise reasonable standards of health, safety, and decency. If any part of a student’s attire is deemed to be inappropriate, the student will be required to alter their attire before attending classes. The following information is simply intended to guide students in making proper decisions regarding attire.
- Clothing should not be form-fitting, suggestive, revealing of body parts or undergarments, offensive, or otherwise disruptive to the educational process.
- Clothing is not to display inappropriate language, pictures, symbols, or promote alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drugs.
- Only solid-colored polo shirts may be worn (either long or short sleeved). Students may either purchase their own polo shirts or Griffin polo shirts through the school.
- Students may layer shirts under their polo shirts; the only acceptable garment to be warn over polo shirts during class will be fleece jackets purchased through the school.
- Official Griffin Gear can be worn on Fridays only.
- Clothing is to cover the torso, including, shoulders, cleavage, and midriff at all times.
- Appropriate bottoms for school are jeans/denim, cargo, khaki and similar type material/style.
- Inappropriate bottoms for school are jogger, sweat, athletic, or any other type worn for exercise.
- Bottoms must not have any holes in them (even if they were purchased that way).
- Leggings may only be worn if under a skirt.
- We will be using the following method to determine a reasonable hemline for shorts and skirts worn to school: When in the standing kneeling position hemlines should fall within two (2) inches of the floor.
- Hats and other headgear, including sunglasses, are not to be worn inside.
- Visible body piercings should be limited to the ears.